Sunday, January 16, 2005

Happy Sunday

Buon Giorno/Buono Note! (which ever  with the time difference!)

Happy Sunday to everyone!  I am currently at another internet cafe writing to you, this one is RIGHT around the corner from my apartment! WOOHOO :) 

Last night my roommates and made dinner for ourselves at the apartment.  I made spaghetti with roasted garlic and olive oil...it was alright.  After dinner Sarah, Marli, and I went to the liquor store a few blocks away and bought some wine and stuff...I bought some heineken(yum, beer).  We sat around and drank a little.  I know...alcoholic lush.  Actually no, but it was really exciting to go into the liquor store and be able to purchase alcohol legally!  Today I woke up around noon, and Marli, Nicole, and I walked around town a bit.  We bought some Gelato(fyi: AMAZING) I had chocolato, of course!  It is just that perfect softness and soooo chocolatey...I'm sorry I tried it...addictions are bad!  yummy though!  We walked to the Piazza della Signoria which is Florence's most famous square.  It has the Palazzo Vecchio which has the bell tower, the copy of the David, and the Fountain of Neptune(slightly disturbing...it looks like the water is coming out of parts on the body that just don't seem, well, right!)  The weather was pretty nice here, not as chilly as the past few days.  We walked by the river and on the bridges as well. 

It's really pretty here...as we walked through one part of town, there's the market, and it's really cool because they sell everything!  They sell clothes, bags, purses(lots of fendi, louie, etc...guaranteed all fake because they have a real Louie Vuitton store here!)  my roommate Sarah bought this amazing pashmina at the market for only 15 euros!  At home in needless markup(neiman marcus) they are around 100 dollars...can we say a must have???  Yeah, so I'm a shopaholic, but I promised myself a few days before I start buying goodies. 

We start class tomorrow...so I must go now, and start the oh-so-fun reading that every one of my roommates has fallen asleep reading(mainly for my European studies class).  Great...

I will write again and tell you all my first days of class and my site excursions!

Ciao!

No comments: